Friday 14 May 2021

This week's smiles ...week 421

 Another lovely week has passed by.  I had my second Covid vaccine last Friday evening and the world seems to be opening up slowly but safely so I'm keeping everything crossed.  We've booked our first weekend away in our motor home now the facilities will be opening up on the campsites...but not for a few more weeks just to be sure.

Our garden has suffered with the weather lately...strong winds, rain and thunderstorms have knocked a lot of the blooms off...


Our masses of tulips have nearly all gone now and there's just the last man standing this morning....we have been watching the petals getting less each morning.

Behind the wood cladding that Milly is standing on we think is the home for a little mouse....in fact yesterday morning I saw one peeping out.  Cairn terriers were originally bred for chasing small rodents in the outdoors and Milly is good at her job....she's on the scent of the mouse in this pic and sniffs all along the edge every time she's out in the garden....I think she thinks it will come out to play but I think differently.
In the green grow bags in the bottom right of the pic are potatoes growing...each time they get covered up they seem to be peeping back out the next morning :-)


Gina sent me this photo this week of our little Theo trying out his new school uniform all ready for September....where has that time gone?  We seem to have missed out on so much of the last year sadly but are making the best of the Tuesdays we have left with him.


That's all from me for this week.  I'm hoping you are all fit, well and happy and have lots of smiles to share with us this week.

Hugs,

Annie x

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, Theo is getting big and mature. I can't believe how all your grandchildren have grown up as we watched.

I love the planters. I wish I had something like that. You are lucky to have these and be able to sit outside and watch everything grow. Like you, high winds have devastated my newly planted veggies. Sadly, mine were in pots and now I must buy new plants. Hope you have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend. Congrats on getting your second vaccine.

Lillianb said...

Its is a shame how the weather destroys the garden and takes a lot of beauty out of them.

Theo looking really smart in his uniform,


Take care stay well and safe.
lilian B #14

mamapez5 said...

It does feel good to have had the second dose of vaccine doesn't it?
I love the little seating area in your garden. If you put food on the lovely bird house it explains why there is a mouse below it. We had the same when our neighbours kept racing pigeons. We would see rats and mice foot-prints round the food store under the bird house.
The fierce winds we had have taken a lot of our newly set baby oranges but there are still plenty left for now.
I can't believe Theo is off to school already, but he seems more than ready for it.
It is nice that you have your weekend away to look forward to. Hope you have a good week. Kate x

Twiglet said...

Oh my goodness - Theo in his school uniform - could be your big lad! Gorgeous photo - how come he has grown up so fast?!! xx Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I am here but thought I'd do a bit of gardening when I got back from walking dogs and don't know where the time went. We've had our second vaccines too but still being very careful especially as some people don't seem to want to accept anything is happening or it's got nothing to do with them sadly. I think Maisie senses mice too as she has a spot where the waterfall is and is forever sniffing round it, Stan on the other hand can't be bothered with any of that. Our tulips have all finished too but they were pretty while they lasted. Theo looks the part in his new kit and the smiles say everything. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

Lisca said...

I-m late too in commenting. I have been out all morning, helping our Danish neighbors with some Spanish burocracy.
Congrats on your second vaccination. Now it takes another two weeks I believe for the vaccin to be totally effective.
Wow! Theo looks so grown up. He looks very smart in his uniform. I bet he loves school and will do well.
What a shame about the tulips. But hey, that's life.
I love you potato growing sacks.
Are you going away in the motorhome this weekend? I hope you have decent weather. Have a lovely time.
Hugs,
Lisca

Catriona said...

Your garden is so prolific-it will be lovely to eat home grown veg. Theo certainly looks the part of a schoolboy all ready to go off on his new adventure. Happy weekend to you both.

Olde Dame Holly said...

Millie knows that mouse is in there! The nose knows!