Wednesday 14 April 2021

WOYWW....

 It's been a week of different desks for me for this show and tell....



These were the two bears lying on my desk last week....now finished


And these two were the ones that had just arrived in a parcel....aren't they gorgeous with their little pockets and love hearts on their fronts?

They were for two sisters and were to be the same but different if you know what I mean :-)


I've kept seeing Jan's gorgeous watercolour painting over on her desk and every time I've seen it I've longed  to get my paints out to have a go.....it's been very much a case of I've got all the gear but it's been such a long time since I did any painting I'm still very much at the have a go stage.....but loving it :-)



I bought a new pen to put detail on my paintings and was rather pleased with my first [in years!] attempt....it can hopefully only get better.


My next desk was at the sewing machine where I made two more rather lovely Memory bears in memory of a much loved Nan and Grandad....I love that they are linked by the colour purple....one of my fav colours.

I then had to deep clean out my sewing room and damp dust all my surfaces ready for the opening up for fittings on Monday....I wouldn't want them seeing the state it gets into when no one is looking ;-)

And this is what it was being cleaned for....Monday morning saw my first Wedding dress fitting needing alterations for over 12 months....and it was soooooo lovely to get back to a little closer to the norm.  

Plus today I have another bride with two bridesmaids coming so wahoooooo  I'm one happy bunny.





I hope you will leave me a little comment so I know you've called by and as soon as I get a minute I will do my best to pop over to yours to see what you've been up to this week.

Hugs,

Annie x

19 comments:

Twiglet said...

Oh so good to see life getting back to normal for you. All those bears look so sunny and cheerful. xx Jo

Twiglet said...

Meant to say - I still can't get on Julia's bog today. It's weird cos I got on it twice last weekend!

Lynn Holland said...

Good morning Annie I’m so happy for you getting back to some normality. What a joy for everyone being able to get back to their wedding plans. I love those purple memory bears. I’m sad I didn’t save a piece of auntie Gladys clothing to have made into one.
Your painting subject and style is right up my street. I haven’t done any for ages but if I did it would be like yours and Jan’s. Well done.
Enjoy your week and thanks for popping over to my Instagram account.
Lots of love Lynn xxx 16

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, the painting is lovely, the colours are so you! And it doens’t matter if we dont’ reach the heights of Picasso, I find the whole process therapeutic! I’ve really got into it, had forgotten how much I enjoy dabbling around with colour. The bears are fab (especially the little hearts) and I admire your courage in tackling a wedding dress, my knees are knocking at the thought!!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Neet said...

Gosh what has our LLJ started - another recruit to watercolouring. And very nice too. Does that mean we will see watercolour atc's for a swap next time rather than fabric ones?
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Well done on the watercolours, you don’t look out of practitioner all. Those grey bears are just so sweet. It’s amazing how different they all look out of the same pattern. Happy WOYWW and have a great week Angela #9

Lisa-Jane said...

How lovely to see all the white frills back on your sewing desk! Does it feel strange to get back to some sort of normality? Loving the watercolours - it's amazing the difference the pen work makes on those squarish patches isn't it? Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

Sarah Brennan said...

So glad to hear that you are doing fittings again and that things are getting back to normal Annie. Beautiful mamory bears - I particularly like the purple pair. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

And two by two they keep coming - lovely additions to your bear family! Nice to have all the weddings back on. I'm sure some Annie magic gets sewn into those gowns along the way! Happy Wednesday! xx zsuzsa #24

Catriona said...

Great that you are back doing alterations and your bears are beautiful as always. I love your paintings-what talent!

Caro said...

Loving your bears as usual and nice to see you playing with watercolours. As a matter of interest - which pen did you use? Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#15)

Helen said...

well you've had a varied week - glad you are able to have fittings again! love all the bears, but i am most impressed with your watercolours. Have a fab week Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie the bears are gorgeous. I'm late today as we've been sorting mum's second vaccination and hearing test so at least we've got that done. Have a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x17x

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi Annie, the bears are fab, especially with the little hearts. I’m glad you’re back doing wedding outfits. They must be so glad you are available.
Love your blue flowers
Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 10

My name is Cindy said...

Wow sounds like business is picking up - my DIL2B had her dress fitting and and makeup trial today and came home looking very glamorous (apparently I'm getting done on the day as well). 4 weeks to go!! Still haven't lost any weight but think I can get into my 'frock', not that anyone will belooking at me. Gorgeous bears as ever. Have a good week, stay safe, stay well, love n hugs Cindyxx #12

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh the reopening is marvellous, it’s like watching a flower open up, gently does it. Although I suspect you’ll have an avalanche of tulle and silk in the coming weeks! Really pleased though, it’s such a positive sign of some normal and some hope! Although of course, I don’t envy you the deep clean part....I’m coping well with just ignoring the building site part of the house and not thinking about how long it’ll take to clean and sort out. It could drive a gal mad!!

Shoshi said...

Well, aren't you busy, Annie! Love the latest memory bears, and how lovely to be back doing wedding dresses again. Your watercolour paintings are beautiful! I can see you like purple! Love the flowers and the little doodle squares too.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #18

Olde Dame Holly said...

Your watercolors are beautiful. What a sense of line and balance you have.

Susan Renshaw said...

Glad that things seem to be getting back to some sort of normal! Love the bears as ever especially the ones with pockets and love hearts!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #26