Wednesday 9 September 2020

WOYWW...

 Here we are at another wonderful Wednesday's catch up with all our creative friends all around the world...if you'd like to know more then pop over to Julia's at the Stamping Ground for details and please join in the fun.

We had a lovely long weekend away relaxing in our motor home on our favourite campsite in BuilthWells.  We started going there when our children were growing up back in about 1996 when we had a trailer tent and have really happy memories from there.  It's a family run site and the little girl our children used to play with is now the proud mum of a gorgeous little boy.  The site is now run by the next generation of the family and it has grown lots but still maintains very high standards so we love it there.

Now what you have really come to see is my desk...it's a two for one today cos I'm rather spread out...nothing new there.  I'm just glad there is a door on my sewing room so I can just shut it at the end of each day.


This is my machine on the left of my desk where I'm set up for mask making.  I have made a start at a batch of Christmas masks but other sewing has had to be done first so I've been working on my other machine on the right of my desk and the bright colourful fabrics on the right of this pic are the cut offs from the 4 dresses I've been shortening.


This is the end of my cutting table and, as you can see, I've got items of school uniform to make another Memory bear out of....and that's what I will be doing today so please be patient with me...I will get round to as many desks as I can, I promise.

I hope you are all well and happy and enjoying life.
Hugs,
Annie x


16 comments:

Helen said...

glad you had a good weekend,great that some places carry on through the generations and keep the standards up! Good luck with the memory bears. I am getting ready for work so will be dashing off to be busy all day too! Helen #2

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. We love Builth Wells too. Such a shame that all of the events at the showground were cancelled, as the town is far too quiet now. Hubby cycled through there a few weeks ago and was shocked to see how rundown/closed the high street was looking. I think everyone must be coming to Pembrokeshire, as it is still busy down here, despite kids being back in school. However, the local lockdown in Caerphilly (and others rumoured), is putting off people travelling into Wales. I am sure that Christmas masks will be very popular - might try making a few for us. Ali x #5

Catriona said...

So pleased that you had a weekend away-we are hoping for the end of the month but looks like we may be going back into lockdown. I am finishing Leanne’s quilt-just the binding which I enjoy sewing. Looks like you’re busy, busy, so happy Sewing!

Julia Dunnit said...

Well get you, working at two desks at once, anyone would think you were busy! so glad to hear that customers are coming and going again, that’s great. My eye is drawn to that stack of ribbon on the shelf, can’t resist shiny colour! Love the new pergola, what an wonderful extension that will make as the vines creep up. So much to look forward to.

Twiglet said...

Good to see you back in the work room! Glad you had a lovely weekend. xx Jo

My name is Cindy said...

Sad to think we may need Christmas masks but you're probably right! I too can shut the door at the end of the day onmy mess which is a great relief to everyone I think! Happy WOYWW Cindy - I haven't managed to link up yet

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I could do with a weekend like that it sounds very relaxing. Look forward to seeing the new bears and the Christmas masks too. I think it must be because the octopus is pink that you think it's a girl so I will watch out for another suitable pebble to make her a friend. Have a lovely happy woyww, Angela x8x

Neet said...

Seems to be the usual sewing for you - Memory `Bears and masks for Covid. I know you said you had stopped the latter but `i guess Christmas is coming and folks want the for stocking fillers - what a good idea.
Glad you had a happy weekend away - and with lovely memories of the place too.
Hugs, Neet xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

How lovely that you had such a good time away - I was aiming to get to the Winter Fair at Builth but it's all been cancelled. Glad to see you've got other sewing apart from masks and bears, something to keep the concentration going!!
Hugs LLJ 9 xxx

StampinCarol said...

Sounds like a great weekend! We just stayed home as not much is open in our state.
Looks like your sewing machine is getting a nice workout.
Have a great week!
Carol N #8

Shoshi said...

So glad you had a nice getaway with your motorhome, Annie. It looks as if you've got plenty going on on your desk, with more memory bears to come!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #2

Karen said...

Holiday masks ~ Very clever idea! Glad you got to enjoy more camping ~ Take care

Heather M said...

Hi Annie, happy WOYWW. Another busy desk - or two in your case. Glad you had a lovely holiday in your motorhome. Have a lovely week, take care Heather #14

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you managed to fit in a restful break Annie. Looks like some busy days ahead. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #22

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, a day later but I got here in the end. first, I've got to say the back to school photos of your grandchildren in your last post are all lovely. Glad you had a good weekend break in your favourite campsite and that it's survived the lockdown. Hope you got the memory bears finished yesterday. Hugs, Ellie x #23

Caro said...

So glad that you had some time away in a lovely place. Happy Belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, With love & God Bless. Caro xxx (#6)