Friday 24 January 2020

This week's smiles....week 355

What a busy week I've had here at Sewing by Annie's.  I'm thrilled to say I've managed to finish all my sewing [until the next customer comes through the door and hopefully it wont be another 3 with 13 Memory Character requests between them like last Friday....details on Wednesday's post below].

So here's a few snaps of my smiles for this week....





We all seem to have had some gorgeous skies this week and this was my favourite of one morning this week.



Amy sent me these photos from over the weekend of children doing what children should be doing....enjoying being outside.

The top pic is of their field from the kitchen window where there have been sheep on.  They have grazed it very low so the children have been enjoying the hard frosty days sledging down the bank and the bottom photos are of a day at the Welsh coast over the weekend....bliss eh?





Tuesday saw this little man at our house and I just had to share this photo.He's been a little under the weather for a few week and had played hard and fast all morning but was beginning to flag a little...he had asked his Grandad if he could watch one of his favourite programmes on his Grandad's iPad....just look at that concentration :-)



Shell sent me this photo of little Jet peeping at her over her laptop while she was trying to do some school work .....how can you resist that face?



Everywhere is so wet and mucky out in the garden but I just had to share these pics of our first snowdrops popping their heads up through the muddy ground.


And finally here's a funny Amy sent me this week.  I have a new fit bit to keep and eye on how much exercise I'm getting and she thought this was a good tip for increasing my step count.....I'm thrilled to say I've now lost a stone in weight :-)

I hope I've made you smile this week and you will share your smiles with us by linking them up below.  I've needed a few smiles this week as I've had a streaming head cold on probably my busiest week that I've had in a long time....thankfully it seems to be drying up a bit now but has left me rather washed out and weary.  Fingers crossed it goes very soon.
Hugs,
Annie x

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I apologize for missing last week's Smiles. I was so ill I didn’t even want to get out of bed, much less be on the computer. Sounds like little Theo and I were both out of it. He sure looks cute concentrating on his program, though.

You had a busy week indeed. You sure captured some lovely shots, including the snow drops and the amazing sunset. Have a super Friday and a wonderful weekend, dear.

Helen said...

Great pics of Theo and Jet! Glad your garden is showing signs of Spring with your snowdrops. Love the funny!

Catriona said...

Lovely photos to make us smile and glad you have finished all your memory animals. That’s amazing that you have lost a stone-I know how hard it is to lose weight especially when you are so busy with your business. I walked briskly for 40 minutes yesterday morning as I have spent too long sitting about since the year began. Happy weekend to you both. X

Twiglet said...

Brilliant funny - it does seem to think all sorts of actions constitute exercise!! Lovely photos of all the family - growing up sooo fast! xx Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I don't know where this week's gone and I haven't managed to get to the gym once. Monday I felt tired after the trip and sorted the cases, Tuesday we took my mum out, Wednesday I met up with friends, Thursday hairdressers and food shopping and today walked the dogs and put the washing on and as my gym buddy has gone out still not been and next week doesn't look any quieter either....any excuse! Pleased to see the children have been able to get out and about and little Theo is finding something to occupy himself until he's feeling better. I don't know whether to say dogs like or hate laptops but what I do know is they are sure that the machine gets far to much attention which should be given to them. Stan is always getting into bother for tapping the buttons. Better do something now. Hugs, Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

What a lovely set of photos of the children enjoying some wintry fun outside, and how lucky they are to have so much space to play in.
And ipads have their uses too when a little man needs some relaxing time.
How lovely to see the first snowdrops. They are so small and tender, but they seem able to show their faces in the harshest of weather.
I hope your cold is soon better so you can get back to your keeping fit regime. I have a fitbit too but I use mine mainly to monitor my sleep patterns, though I always get a little buzz when I reach my steps goal for the day, even if it isn't very ambitious!
Kate x