Friday 20 September 2019

This week's smiles....week 338

I'm sorry to those that came here last week to see my smiles and missed me but as you will probably now know were were away for the week in our motor home making memories up around Scotland [if you'd like to see more please click here]. We had a really lovely week catching up with family and friends and enjoying the freedom of being on the road together.

Before we went we celebrated Theo's 3rd birthday with a party at his house and managed to get all 6 of our Grandchildren to sit still long enough to snap a pic or two.


They all lead busy lives so it's a rare occasion that we now all get together so this photo is very special for me.



Sam is starting guitar classes this week.  We are really hoping he enjoys it but as a left hander he may struggle so we will see what his music teacher says.

Ed Sheeran eat your heart out :-)



He's always loved drawing and this week has won the competition to draw a new road sign for the new estate they now live on.  His design will be put on the road signs around the estate and I think he won a book voucher too....Well done Sam. 

My last pic for today is this one of Theo with his Grandad.  Whilst looking after Theo on the Tuesdays he's always made my heart sing but watching him with his now retired grandad give me so much pleasure.

They were sat here discussing something very important I'm sure.  :-)

Please leave me a little message so I know you've called by before you link to your own smiles below.

Before I go I must say Happy birthday to Sam and Lexi who are 8 today and a special Happy birthday to Gina who is 30 today too....we have so much to celebrate and make us smile.
Hugs,
Annie x

5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That was a wonderful photo of all six children together. I'm so impressed with that photo and it puts all the children's faces in perspective, too.

Congrats to Sam on his guitar lessons and winning the contest on his estate. That's a BIG win, in my opinion. Good for him. I'm sure he's proud, too that his drawing will now go on real signs around the estate.

How sweet that he and Lexi are now 8. They have grown up right before our eyes. All of them have, in fact, but Sam and Lexi were the ones I remember seeing the most when I first started visiting you about six years ago (since they were two at the time).

Happy birthday to Gina and happy belated birthday to Theo, too. What a month this has been for you, dear Annie.

So glad you are back. We missed you and love that you host this weekly event every Friday.

Catriona said...

Lovely photos of all your grandchildren, and the one of Theo and his Grandad is heart-melting. Happy Birthday to all the birthday people-hope they all enjoy their special day. Love the poster and hope it helps to slow down traffic.

Twiglet said...

Such a lovely, happy photo of all six! Happy birthday to G, L and S.
xx Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

So many birthdays all at the same time. Happy birthday to you all. Good luck Sam too. The road sign is brilliant, we could do with one of those on the road where we live. I don't understand some people who drive so fast down estate roads where there are children. We don't let our dogs wonder but there is always a chance they could get out and there are older people too who don't see so well or move very fast but some people just seem to think their needs are more important than others, sadly! Great to see Grandad and Theo deep in discussion, long may it last. I was lucky enough to have my grandparents around when I was a child and they had a big influence on the person I am today. Happy friday smiles to you all. Angela xXx

Lisca said...

Well done Sam for winning that competition! It's a very good drawing and it conveys the message very well.
Happy birthday twins! Eight already. How time flies! You have lots of birthdays this month.
What a great photo of all the grandies together. I bet that one goes in a frame!
The photo of Theo and his grandad is heartwarming. . It is so important for children to have loving male family members who spend some time with them. (they see their own dads usually only after work).
I've been looking at your Scotland trip photos. That was a wonderful holiday.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca