Friday 19 April 2019

This week's smiles....week317

What a lovely week it's been here at Sewing by Annie's.  It's been a week filled with smiles and proud moments so I'm here to share them with you.  I'm hoping that my smiles encourage you all to look at the life around you and that you will spend a little time focusing on the good things and you will share them with us too by linking them up at the bottom of the page....everyone is very welcome.

It was our 37th Wedding Anniversary on 17th.  We got married on my Dad's birthday and this year he would have celebrated his 99th birthday.  Sadly I lost him when I was only 31 but I am blessed to say that for those 31 years I had something many folk never have.  We had a very special relationship and for that I'm eternally thankful.  This July my darling hubby will be retiring so it plans to be the start of another exciting stage in our lives [if only I could retire too eh?].




It's the Easter holidays for our Grandchildren and, as you can see the twins have been enjoying some creative time....I do love that all 6 of our grandchildren are creative :-)



On Tuesday night we went to Theatre Severn in Shrewsbury to watch Lexi perform in the Wizard of Oz.  She goes to a Get Your Wigle On drama group and this was her first stage performance.  She was one of the group of Munchkins and we were so proud to see her up there on stage singing and dancing.....sadly photos were not allowed.  :-)



Steve has been to another days football training and yet again he was awarded player of the day.....he really loves his football and they can obviously can see he has a talent..... we have so much to be proud of. :-)




Amy and Dave have just had a campervan fitted out just how they want to suit a family of 5 [and two dogs] and Wednesday night they brought it to show us.  It's just perfect and I'm sure they will have many happy days spent using it....I'm so thrilled for them. :-)






Finally, I saw this on Pinterest and thought I'd share it with you....I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels like this at times.

Have a great week folks and please share your smiles if you can.
Hugs,
Annie x

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm not sure I'll be able to leave a comment, since my blogger account has been suspended.

Wonderful news about Steve, and those dogs in the camper van are a HOOT. I hope Sam is doing better with his arm. Lexi must be thrilled at her first performance.

Have a super Friday and great weekend.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW, I don't know how, but at least I can leave comments.

Catriona said...

I haven’t been able to comment on blogs for over a week now, Annie, so here’s hoping this works!! Beautiful photos and what an adventure for the campervan family!! Happy Easter to you all. X

Lisca said...

Belated Happy Anniversary you two. Yes, a happy marriage is such a blessing.
Wow! What a great looking campervan! I know the kids will love sleeping in the top bit. And you might be able to go on trips with them some times. The dogs are so good posing for the photo. The puppy is growing fast.
Well done Steve and Lexi for doing so well at their hobbies.
I had to smile at you snapdragon. Yes, I have days where I feel 100!
Have a lovely Easter weekend and enjoy the good weather.
Hugs,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

What a lovely happy week Annie. I love the pom-pom chick. Lexi and Sam do so well at their crafts.
Well done Stevie at his football. That will stand him in much better stead than hours on a games machine. The camper van will be fun with all the family. That will make days out for them much easier, except for the driver of course. I don't think UK roads are much fun these days!
I bet Lexi got a real kick out of her performance. It is great how they have all found their own interests to follow.
It is our wedding anniversary on Saturday too, only this year it is a 'significant' one - forty years. We will have a special meal together but we are celebrating properly at the end of the month.
I could smile at the snapdragon too!
Have another smiley week. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Now come on Annie! you don't want to retire you enjoy what you do too much. I'm sure the twins get bigger every week I see them. Well done to Steven too. The campervan looks cosy, bet they'll have a great time in that and loving the funny today. Have a great Easter weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Lynn Holland said...

I’m a day late, blame the husband. Happy anniversary to you lovely people.
This week sees us celebrating 40 years together and in September we will have been married for 30 of them.
I said 40 years ???? I’m not that blumming old xxx

Twiglet said...

Great photos - the Wiz was fab wasn't it. Hope family have lots of fun in their "van" xx