Friday 20 April 2018

This week's smiles....week 268

Here we are at my Friday catch up of the week's smiles and believe me when I say...I've looked around me this week and I've a lot to smiles about so here you go....


The sunshine is bringing out new blooms in the garden  every day now....and yes yesterday there really wasn't a cloud in the sky behind the beautiful blossom that is opening out on our tree.

Special note for Elizabeth.....the shrub from last week with the white bell shaped flowers was a Pieris.



Tuesday was our 36th Wedding anniversary so that gave us a lot to smile about and my darling hubby bought me this gorgeous yellow Ranuncular flower.

We celebrated Wednesday night [there was a footy match Tuesday night and I never get in the way of his footy matches].  We enjoyed a Chinese meal then went to the cinema to see The Greatest Showman.....brilliant film with real feel good factor.



Tuesday afternoon little Theo asked his mummy if they could 'come and see Nanny and say hello to Milly the dog'.  Of course Nanny Annie never turns down her little visitors and how lovely that he asked to come.  As you can see he enjoyed a play in my drawers full of cotton reels....he loves all the colours in each one.
I then found him my box full of empty reels etc....yes this Nanny never throws out anything with play value.  I'm not sure who enjoyed them more Theo or his mummy.  :-) :-) :-)



Entertaining children never need to cost a lot of money does it?  Wellies on and a big puddle of rain water is more than enough.  :-) :-) :-)

That's my smiles for this week.  Now I've shown you mine please leave me a little message and try and link up to something that's made you smile this week.
Hugs,
Annie

5 comments:

Lisca said...

Such lovely smiles today. Yes, nature is finally waking up properly and all sorts of lovely things are sprouting. A feast for the eye!
Belated happy anniversary! The ranunculuc is beautiful. I had to smile about not celebrating the anniversary because of the footy! That is true love for you!
And of course little Theo steals the show. Between you and me: I bet he makes a mess when you're working (or trying to work)
Have a lovely weekend and keep smiling,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, think I made up for last week Lol! You're so right, at that age the kids are easily entertained and it's lovely to see them so happy and I know Nanny will be too. Gorgeous flowers and congrats on your anniversary. Off to visit friends now. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Gorgoeus Smiles Annie, love spring flowers thanks so much for sharing, and playing in puddle too, that is fun!!!
Great young smilers too, Shaz.x

mamapez5 said...

I just love the new header on your blog Annie. I know they are tulips but they almost look like poppies. I see them in the corner of your garden photo too. Isn't it nice to see the flowers with blue skies behind them for a change.
I smiled at little Theo and your bobbins. With our little ones it was always the button box, but I guess that would be considered dangerous now!
I love it when my grand-daughter sends photos of her little ones in their wellies, jumping in the puddles. A great way to keep them entertained.
How strange that is should be your wedding anniversary too - Happy Anniversary by the way - It was Virginia's (of Rocking Your World) too. We have never made much of a fuss of anniversaries. There was never much time in earlier days. But I think we might have to splash out a bit next year for forty years. Have a good week. Kate x

Twiglet said...

Your garden must be looking lovely at the moment - great to see a bit of sunshine at last.