What a difference a week makes....Mr Mojo is back off his holidays [thankfully].
We have had a really lovely week and on Sunday we all got together to celebrate Theo's Christening....the sun shone for us too. I will be sharing a pic or two in my Friday smiles post so please come back then if you'd like to see them....any why not link up to your own smiles at the same time because we really can not have too many smiles.
So you're here today to see my desk are you? It's in full fabric frenzy mode so here it is in all it's glory.....
.....and not just the one desk. When I get going it all comes out as you can see. I decided to make a few PE bags for a craft fair I'm hoping to get a table at. It's at the local school that the twins go to so nice and close and hopefully I can hand out a few more fliers to let folk know where I am.
Here's a few of the lined PE bags I made. I make each one different so they can be found easily at the end of a school day and if they want I can also applique names on the front too [for an extra charge of course].
While I was surrounded by inspiring fabrics I decided to make a few lined, zipped pencil cases too....I have a bag full of zips so thought it was a good way to use some of them.
The last photo I thought I'd share is a selection of the tools of my trade.
- Thimble.....I'm an old school girl and still use one.
- Measuring gauge.....handy when doing hems etc.
- Nappy pin....I'd been using it to put the cord in the PE bags.
- A very old bodkin needle....for threading elastic
- Artery forceps....best tool everyone should have a pair. I use them for stuffing my memory bears.
- Sellotape....had it out to put on end of cord to stop in unravelling.
- Tailor's chalk.....use that most days when shortening trousers.
- Snippers....couldn't manage without those.....better than seam rippers for undoing seams.
- Sewing machine brush....I keep my machines clean.
- Scissors.....lots of them. They each have different jobs too.
There you go. A little insight into my world. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Leave me a little message so I know you've called in and I will aim to get over to yours ASAP. Hope you will all pop back on Friday to share my smiles and will link up and share a few of your own.