Thursday 17 February 2011

All in a day :-)

As you saw yesterday I planned to tackle making my next order for a Mr Tumble doll.  

As they say..."all the best made plans...."





This is as far as he has got.  The basic doll is made but as yet he has no face, hair or shoes.  I managed to sew stripes on his trouser fabric, make up his trousers and make his top and bow tie.  But thats it!












What kept me? I hear you say.  Well, it was this lot coming through my door!  I had a steady flow of customers [one of which sat herself down for a 3/4 hour chat....not a problem though cos she needed my time more than I did].  I had yet another 2 more new customers amongst all that arrived and between them they managed to fill my 'to do' rail!  I now have 1058 customers!  Of course while I'm doing fittings I'm not sewing and Mr Tumble will now have to wait a day or two to be completed cos I have deadlines to keep with a lot of this other sewing.







We finished off the day with a visit to the cinema to see The King's speech.  If you haven't been yet then make it a must.  It's a brilliant film and well worth seeing.

11 comments:

Maggie's Crafts said...

I've awarded your blog with 'Stylish Blogger Award'

Pop over to http://maggiescraft.blogspot.com to find out what happens next...

Maggie
xx

Angela Toucan said...

the doll is looking wonderful

BadPenny said...

I'm going to wait to see The King's speech on DVD I think but will probably do a cinema trip with the teens over half term - but they are also going with friends & having seen Black Swan, I'm not sure if there is anything else I'd like to see except for maybe Brighton Rock.

Karen said...

Oh I so want to see that film Annie! But its finding the time I suppose as we live a fair way from the cinema. So I guess that we will wait for the DVD now x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Wipso - didn't realise Maggie has made this award to you already but I'm standing with my decision here because I just love your poppy pictures so please pop over to my blog where I've chosen you for the Stylish Blogger Award. Elizabeth x

Twiglet said...

He he - I see you are still Stylish then!! me too - well I have just had my hair cut!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see The King's Speech! Looks as you will be busy with the do to rack and Mr. Tumble will no doubt turn out as adorable as your first! Love all your creations and TFS! Shari #152

Sue Pinner said...

Hi and thanks for the size info...if l add another round it will be 46" approx. and l didn't want to get that big really..l'll see what it looks like when l've done these last 5 flowers
Good luck with the sewing
Hugs Suz x

Carmen said...

Oh I really, really want to see that film! Congratulations on business being so busy :D

Caro said...

Mr Tumble looks amazing, my son would love him. Looks like you are busy at the moment. We went to see the Kings Speech and I quite agree it is incredible. Caro #60

Zue said...

Glad to see he was finished eventually...he will really make someone smile.
Thanks for your kind comment about my hand!
Sue xx