Friday 19 April 2024

This week's smiles...week 370

 I'm sorry I wasnt able to write a post last week and hope you understand and managed without me.

Thursday 11th we had a phone call in the morning from a paramedic to say my hubby's brother had died suddenly.  It was unexpected and was a real shock to everyone especially his 83 year old wife who had found him.  My hubby is one of the executors and there is a business to sort out.  John was a Civil Engineer and was still working the day before at age 76.....it will take months to sort out.

Saying all that it has also been a week of celebrations....




 This gorgeous boy was 2 last week and on Sunday we joined the family for the day in North Wales to celebrate....it was a much needed happy time together.





This beautiful girl was 8 on Tuesday....she's sitting soaking up some rays in the sunshine.  She brings us so much love :-)





We celebrated our 42nd Wedding Anniversary on Wednesday....it's on weeks like this one that you really treasure what you have.  We make such a good team.   Here's to many more happy years together.....I love this photo.







Our garden has been beautiful this week and always makes us smile.











Of course we cant have a Friday without a few smiles and because I was missing last week there are a few more than normal....I hope something here makes you smile.
Hugs,
Annie x



8 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

So sorry to read about your loss. Especially the wife... Ingo is sick and 8 years older than me...
So nice to read you had some celebrations, too - happy belated anniversary! You two look great. To Spring and never let us stop smiling - happy Friday...

Helen said...

What a shock about your BIL. Sounds like you (or hubby) has lots to sort out. Glad you were able to enjoy some family fun too though. Happy Friday.

Lisca said...

I’m so sorry to hear about your brother in law’s passing. What a shock that must have been!
Happy anniversary! That’s a great photo. And I’m sure you make a good team, especially at times like this.
I love those photos with Theo and Louie. Time flies!
Your garden is gorgeous. I could enlarge the photos and see it in all its glory. Beautiful.
I laughed out loud at the funnies. Thank you for the double whammy.
Enjoy your weekend if you can,
Hugs,
Lisca

Twiglet said...

Thank goodness you have so much that makes you smile - at times like this you really need it. Love you lots. x x Jo

mamapez5 said...

So sorry to hear about hubby's brother, and it will be a long process to sort things out. My thoughts are with you both and his wife. We had similar bad news last week as my brother's wife passed away. She was 90 and lived in a nursing home near her son, but it was still a shock.
I can't believe little Milly is eight already. It seems no time since she was a tiny pup.
Happy birthday to Louie. Good to have a joyful occasion after sad news.
Your garden is beautiful as it always is. Kate xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry to hear of your loss, I know how much work there is involved but you'll get there. Loving the photo of you two and Milly, can't believe she's that age already. Life goes on. Take care. Hugs Angela xXx

Cloudia said...

Sorry for your loss and glad for the richness of your life. Wishing you many, many happy anniversaries ahead. Aloha!

LA Paylor said...

happy anniversary!
your millie is adorable, happy b-day to you dear millie
the jokes, wiping faces, my lab used to run along the back of my silk sofa after she ate! Body parts in a box for mr potato head! lol
counting sheep! bwaaahahaha
LeeAnna