Wednesday 5 October 2022

WOYWW...

 "Oh didn't we have a lovely day the day we went to Shropshire?"

Of course I live here so know just how lovely it is but when you're joined by other WOYWWers it was made soooo much better.


I've pinched the photo from Caro so sadly she isn't on the photo but I'm sure there will be many others sharing snaps this week.

We all chatted, ate cake, remembered, ate cake and of course there was lots of laughter during the day...how much better could the day have been?


I handed over the money we raised to The Harry Johnson's Trust yesterday....what an amazing amout and I just know it will be used well to help other families with children having treatment for cancer....thanks so much everyone xxxx


That much older sister of mine, Jo and I organised the hall and lunch...we are like a perfectly oiled machine and work together so well....love her to bits. It's her birthday today so I really hope she's having a lovely day.

Julia thanked us by treating us each to a beautifully personalised pin....I love mine so thanks so much for this.



I came home with so many lovely things....thanks so much to you all.


This week I have been getting organised for Christmas [I know I'm early but I have to get things done when I have spare time].  Louie needed a Christmas stocking and...


....he has had first choice of the Advent calendars I've made so far.....Gina chose the train one for him and I put the others on my Sewing by Annie Facebook page and within an hour of putting them on there the first was sold and now there is only one left but I have managed to get some more fabric panels so if I get any spare time I might get a few more made.  :-)

I have put them on early this year because the ones I put on last year sold within a day and I'd left it too late to make any extras for the customers wanting more.



I hope you have enjoyed your visit today.  I will do my best to pop over to visit as many as I can between jobs.  Have a great week all.

Hugs,

Annie x

18 comments:

Helen said...

Thanks again for organising the day, it was really lovely to see everyone again. I hope Jo has a very happy birthday. Helen #2

Neet said...

A BIG THANK YOU to you and Jo for organising the Hall for us to have the Crop and for all the delicious food you two laid on. Everything was just perfect, especially those quiches. I need that salmon one each week on my table. Thanks also to the men for doing the heavy work. What a team you all are.
Busy fingers, I see you have been sewing again and Louie now has his sock like the others. Well done on the advent calendars - not surprised they go like greased lightning.
Have a lovely week - you deserve it.
Hugs, Neet xx 5

BJ said...

The crop looks amazing, love the pin you got. Your Christmas advent calendars are super and Louie will love the stocking. BJ#6

Lynn Holland said...

Good morning Annie
What a great week to return to woyww. It’s so lovely to see you all gathered together and to read about the lovely crop.
I’m smiling at you all now
Lynn xxx

Tracy said...

Waving πŸ– hellooo Annie,it's so good to see you all❤πŸ’–πŸ’Ÿ what a marvelous time yooou all had ... I'm so enjoying all the photos as I hop along this morning πŸ’› Such a beautiful gift from Julia ⭐ humming along now to Christmas tunes 🎢😘 on seeing your stocking and adventure calendars ... can see why they get snapped up so quickly ⭐πŸ₯°⭐ looove what you create, always a joy to see. Ohhhh and Goood morning tooo you 🀸😊 Sending love and hugs Tracy #13 xxxx

Caro said...

Thank you and Jo so much for organising the day - it was so wonderful to see you again and to catch up with everyone. It really was a very special occasion. I love your advent calendars - I made a papercraft one for Tim 20 years ago that is still just about surviving. Alex's version is a lot more tatty now! Happy WOYWW. Take care, with love & God Bless, Caro x (#14)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie. What a brilliant day and how good to meet everyone at last. I checked it out and it was 2014 when I started woyww visiting and|I can tell you my blog has come a long way since then! as I hadn't been blogging for very long right then. We've been busy with my mum since we got back so not managed to photograph all the lovely ATCs and cards so will do that for next week. Loving the advent calendars and don't blame you for getting stated early. See you friday and wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x12x

My name is Cindy said...

Oh it was such a good day!! Loved meeting you and Doddie - thank you so much for your hospitality!! Happy WOYWW love n hugs Cindy xx #8

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

So happy you all had fun things at the crop, great photos and a dream, but son is still in the area next year !!! XXX fingers crossed. You've a great group of photo fun here. Love you Julia pin. Enjoy a great week.

Crafting With Jack said...

Saturday was wonderful, thank you for doing the organising. You are doing well to have started on Christmas. Happy WOYWW. Angela #9

Lindart said...

You apparently did an awesome job of organizing the crop - everyone is raving! It's too bad I have to miss is every year, but it's fun looking at photos. Your Advent Calendars are lovely! No wonder you are selling out so quickly! Have a great week! Lindart #20

pearshapedcrafting said...

It was truly wonderful on Saturday. Thanks so much to you both, clearly a lot of thought and care had gone into everything! You are definitely setting a good example of getting on with Christmas but I think I'll leave it for a while. Happy WOYWW, hugs, Chrisx

Julia Dunnit said...

Well I’m just going to say the same as everyone else..thank you so much again and again, it was a great day. Extra special for me because now I can picture you in your sewing lair and that makes me happy! Loving Louie’s stocking, great to get it done now, who knows how busy you’re going to get and having something as essential like this looming as a last minute thing is bad for the mental health!

Sarah Brennan said...

It was a fabulous day Annie. Thanks to you and Jo for all your hard work. Eva and I are on the case for next year's crop. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

glitterandglue said...

Hi Annie. Well done - another successful crop by the sound of it. Lots of laughter, cake, meeting friends old and new, cake, lunch together, cake... and did I mention CAKE? A great day!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Lynnecrafts said...

Well done both of you for organising the crop. Your pin is beautiful.
I'm late today as we had a log delivery yesterday and stacking it wore me out!
take care
hugs
Lynnecrafts 13

Iris Flavia said...

Sounds like a great event!
And that pin.... lovely!
Ha, no, sadly I cannot say you are early for Christmas. The shops are full of it here since weeks.

I used to make Advent-Calendars for the Nieces, but Oma got ready-bought ones with toys that certainly topped mine and hence at one point I gave up.
Opa got another one etc, etc... Boy, I had a simple chocolate-calendar as kid!

LOL, I´mm old!

Twiglet said...

Lovely post Annie and I am glad everyone enjoyed the crop - makes the effort even more worthwhile! xx Jo