Friday 27 August 2021

This week's smiles....week 436

 I was MIA again on Wednesday so didn't manage a WOYWW but I have a very good reason....I was busy making special memories before Theo starts school next Thursday and I have put together a couple of collages to share them with you all.  We wen't to a campsite called Fforrest Fields near Builthwells in mid Wales.  It's a campsite we have been going to for probably near 30 years and where we took our family to when they were growing up...it's like home from home :-)










We did everything from cold water swimming [I just watched!!] and canoeing to walking and generally just enjoying special times together....it's what life should be filled with.


Eating beetroot makes your tongue red :-)




Special walks for Theo with Milly dog and adventures with Daddy and Grandad.



My camping quilts came in handy as it was rather cooler in the evenings. :-)



We've decided Theo is going to be a bridge builder/engineer..... this is what happens when Nanny and Grandad have special time with Theo while Mummy ans Daddy have their showers lol.  The motor home cushions make wonderful bridges and if you pile them all on top of each other a, nearly 5 year old, can even see out of the skylight  :-)....do notice the support he fitted underneath the middle of the main bridge....each structure had it's own code munber [made up by Theo's imagination].


That's my smiles for this week.  I hope they made you smile too and you will leave me a little comment so I know you've called in and then link to your own smiles below.

Hugs,

Annie x

10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an amazing getaway. Such fun to see all you did while you were on that very special holiday in Wales. Great photos and the area is beautiful indeed.

mamapez5 said...

What a wonderful time you had with Theo at the camp site. It is a good way to remember his last few days before he becomes a proper schoolboy. It looks like a lovely site. They are the sort of memories that Theo will hold on to for ever.
Have a good week. Kate x

Lisca said...

They certainly made me smile! Camping holidays are memories made for a lifetime. I can still remember with fondness the holidays I had as a child (camping in the UK). And as a married woman (with Graham) we had a caravan and later a motorhome and went camping a lot. One of our favorite haunts was the Forest of Dean.
I'm glad you had such a great time!
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It's so good to see you all getting time together it'e so important. So many children now don't get any time with their grandparents and it's such a special bond. Beautiful memories. Have a great weekend. Hugs to you all, Angela xXx

Lynn Holland said...

Your Friday smiles certainly put a big grin on my face Annie. What wonderful memories you’ve all made.
Lots of fun and special times together. I agree it’s what it’s all about
Lynn xxx

LA Paylor said...

oh I remember loving to make forts with blankets pillows and tables. Or tents in the oasis

Helen said...

you're excused Wednesday!! great pics, looks like you all had a great time.

Catriona said...

What wonderful memories you are making with Theo. Good luck to him for starting school next Thursday and to all your other grandees too.x

Lee said...

Hi,I'm new to your blog.Lovely smiles glad you all had a good time.

Twiglet said...

Fab pictures Annie - what a happy time. xx