Friday 26 June 2020

This week's smiles....week 377

Phew, it's hot here today [typing this Thursday], it was 30° here yesterday and it's even hotter today so I've got the fans blowing in my sewing room and blinds down to keep me cool.  What's not really helping is the length of my lockdown hair...I've trimmed the fringe but the back is longer than I've had it for years but still not long enough to put it up so I'm all hot and bothered around my neck!
I was looking on Pinterest and it looks as though I'm not the only one...





They really made me chuckle and I don't feel half so bad now.

The other shares I've got today are of the garden as it is still looking gorgeous with new blossoms in every corner....




The roses are looking gorgeous and smelling wonderful too and the lavenders are looking better this year than ever ..... notice there's three different colours and the smell is amazing every time you brush by it.





Our wild flower part of the garden is bursting into bloom too with poppies of every colour at the mo and the bees, butterflies and insects are having a wonderful time visiting every bloom.....I love it.














I hope you have enjoyed my shares this week.  I don't have photos of the grandchildren to share but we did enjoy socially distanced visits from them all for father's day last weekend so you can imagine the smiles here.
Please leave me a little message so I know you've called by and then link to your own smiles below please....we really need all the smiles we can get in these difficult times.
Hugs,
Annie x

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had to laugh at the hair styles. Like you, my hair is longer in back than I want. I can barely stand it. I may take the scissors to it tomorrow. My last hair cut was in late January, so you KNOW how badly I need a cut. When my bangs get below my eyebrows, I trim them back. I've done it at least five times. I thought yours looked great the last time I saw your selfie.

LOVE the roses. You truly have a green thumb. You can be proud of all those flowers that are now in bloom in your yard. Have a super rest of Friday and a great weekend, Annie.

Twiglet said...

My hair looking very similar to your little photos!! Lovely garden pics - thought I would share one of mine today. xxx Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie. Your garden's looking lovely. I really like some of the wild flowers that just pop up. If it flowers nicely I don't even care if it's supposed to be a weed after all a weed is just a plant that's in the wrong place! I am pleased to say I have an appointment at the hairdressers next Saturday morning, first person in the salon as they open so maybe I should take a flag with me! Thanks for asking about mum. She does seem to be picking up and the ulcer on her leg has gone now, being in hospital seemed to mean they were able to fix it properly as it's been a problem for over a year now so that's good. She is just starting to realise how much dad did actually do for her though he hadn't been good himself for some time. We moved over to Lincoln in 1988 when Des's father was very poorly mainly because this was as close as we could get job wise and it's just over an hours drive to mum's (that is when Des drives as it would take me longer in my car) so by the time we've got there, done the housework etc and spent some time talking which is obviously what she looks forward to, you're talking about four to five hours. This is okay except when there's an emergency. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

Lisca said...

What joy that garden! I love those flowers and especially the wild flowers. Do you sow them from a packet? or do they just pop up naturally?
I had to smile at the hairstyles. I had one too, but yours are funnier. I hope you can get to a hair dresser soon, as it is no fun with this warm weather.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

Hi Annie. I laughed at the hairstyles. Lock-down has forced me through that really awful stage of growing out short hair, and I am kind of hoping i will be able to get it a bit longer now, but I am expecting the heat of Summer will drive me to the hairdresser soon.
Your garden is beautiful as ever. I love the poppy patch. When we moved into our first house in Oswestry, the garden was full of poppies in all shapes and sizes. They seeded on for a few years but gradually disappeared. I read somewhere that they need the ground to be disturbed between seasons which is why they do often line the sides of a newly dug stretch of motorway. I guess we didn't do enough digging!
Have a good week.
Kate x

Lynn Holland said...

Better late than never haha.
Don’t talk about hair to me Annie, mines like a bush and some days I resemble Worzel Gummidge xxx

Karen said...

Hi! I've never seen a white lavender before, it's very pretty ~ All the plants look healthy and happy. So many pretty poppies too ~ Enjoy the weekend :)

Lanniesmum said...

Your garden is beautiful and it’s such a solace during lockdown. My hair is so untidy-last cut in February but I am determined to keep away from the scissors! I wear my Pilates headband most of the time but it’s been too hot this week. I’m still remaking the hoops fro our charity shop doors but again the heat is making me demotivated. Happy weekend. Catriona