Hello to all who drop in to share smiles....either to share mine or to link up their own at the bottom of the page. You are all very welcome and a big thank you goes to all those who join in each week by sharing their own happy moments.
I am featuring something that really made me chuckle last week...Jo's chicken feet over at JoZart. Only Jo could make such a fab pair....I'm sure it's a talent we could all make use of ;-) Thanks for sharing them Jo.
My smiles this week were triggered off by a request to show the layout of our bungalow by several of you and now we are nearing the finished line with the building work I have snapped the before and after LOs.
The bungalow as we moved into it...
The parts you will have seen pics of are...
- the snug...that was the little room that I used as my make-do sewing room.
- The dining space...that was that awful black and white Tudor room.
- The old garage is now a bedroom and new bathroom [when the bathroom is fitted and the bedroom ceases to be a store room for all the building materials and gets a lick of paint, curtains and carpets]
- Proposed bedroom 2 is my new sewing room.....wahoooooo all finished.
- Proposed kitchen/dining room....just needs its new doors/side window panels fitting. The kitchen has been ordered and should arrive on Friday 13th....just hope this isn't a bad omen!
- The old bathroom is still in use until the new bathroom is complete and that will then be stripped out and new shower/toilet/washbasin fitted.
- The old kitchen [tiny and intimate that it is] is still in use as a kitchen until the new kitchen is fitted but that will become our utility...one day :-)
- Old porch/front door is still there but we now have the new front door and that is what has had me giggling this week......
Yesterday we had the delivery of our local free Admag. Last week they had put one through both front doors so I put a laminated notice over the letter box on the old door to say please use new door. This week the gentleman who delivers the Admag rang the door bell [on the old door]. I open the new door and he asked if the new build was a granny flat and did we need two Admags. My reply was....we are a married couple living here and that it was all one bungalow but we had thought of living in separate parts but that we only needed one thank you. I did smile when I said it but I don't think he quite knew whether I was joking or not. :-)
If you look at the LO you will see that there is a door between the hall [by the wet room] and the new kitchen and Hubby and I were having a giggle saying that we could block up that door and have a kitchen, bedroom and living room each but Hubby said there would have to be a hatch for me to pass his meals through and a dog door so Rocky could make his own mind up as to where he wanted to sleep....so we decided not to bother :-) :-) :-)
I hope my post has made you smile today....it's been a long road but we can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel now.....quite literally as we have had a sun tunnel fitted in the ceiling in the end of the new kitchen...
The back of the bungalow is south facing so we decided to make the best of what nature provides.....there are no lights on in this pic at all and as yet we haven't had many sunny days but to have the daylight beaming in like this is really wonderful....we love it.
:-) :-) :-) :-)
So there you go....that's all from me for this week. Please leave me a little comment to let me know you've called in and if you have a smile you can share with us please link them below.