Wednesday, 30 September 2026

WOYWW....

 It's been another busy week here at Sewing by Annie's.  We had the funeral of another family member last Thursday...there seems so many lately.  I'm determined to make every day count.

Both Jo and I have been doing more sewing for The Harry Johnson Trust...although this year is going to be a little different.  The charity usually has a couple of craft stalls but, because of extra family commitments, they wont be having them this year so I have said I will put our crafts out in my sewing room and hope to sell some to my customers so we can give the money to them.








I've made a batch of Christmas coasters [40 in total] and these are now tied into 10 sets of 4 coasters.

I love all the different tartans.













I next had another idea and cut out lots of these....Can you guess what they might be?






Did you guess right?  They are tiny popper purses that will each hold a a £1 coin or shopping token and made into key rings so that you always have one when you need it.







I have a special Autumn sale on my Sewing by Annie Facebook page...there is 10% off for the first 10 to order their Memory bears and this is the first to take up the offer.
It's even more special for me because this customer has already previously ordered 10 other bears and this one is a school bear for the school I went to as a little one.



The last thing I have to share with you this week is an idea I saw on Pinterest.  I never like to throw anything away so I have used the narrow ends of some ties I had left to make these 8 into key rings.








That's all for this week.  Today I will be working on a bridesmaid dress that arrived last thing yesterday and then I plan to make some Christmas gnomes using the paterns Jan sent me through the post....thanks Jan.
Hope you're all well and happy.  I will pop by to say hello ASAP but please be patient with me.
Hugs,
Annie x


9 comments:

  1. wow, you have been busy! hope the coasters and items make lots of money for the charity. happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goood morning Annie ✨️πŸ’•sending extra hugs your way πŸ«‚

    Just wow ... your creativeness is still going strong πŸ₯° such beautiful makes 😍 adore your tartan coasters ... all 40 of them ... wow!!

    Tooo your pretty coin holders πŸ’•such a fab idea and such pretty colourful fabrics ... I guessed wrong 😊🀦‍♀️ I thought they might be the makings of legs for teddies 😘

    Your memory bears are treasures for the heart ✨️🌟✨️πŸ’•

    Tooo theee cutest of ties I've ever seen 🀩 love love love 😁πŸ₯°

    Wishing 🌟 you a beautiful creative πŸͺ‘ week ahead in all you do πŸ’• with love and hugs Tracy xxxx #5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I had the rudest idea pop into my head when I saw the first pic of those trolley token purses lol!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. They’re a great idea though and don’t take too much fabric either. You can’t go wrong with tartan at Christmas so those coasters won’t hang around for long. Have fun with the gnome patterns!
    Hugs LLJ 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s ‘all’ for this week! How you make me laugh! I thought the little coin purse was going to be scissor covers. How far from right was that! The tie key rings are really cool, you won’t keep those for long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great makes this week defo a busy bee week. Hugs Bj#7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annie, I love tartan and often use it when making my Christmas cards. The red and green bear is spectacular! love it to bits. The little purses are a good idea as lots of supermarkets use tokens or pound coins for their trollies. I know lots of people don't make cards anymore but having moved around a few times I have friends around the country who I don't see very often but we still exchange a C. card and birthday card, sadly it's often the only way to keep in touch and know they are still with us. Other than that I love to share my art work with others too. Wishing you a happy woyww. Hugs Angela x8x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all such clever ideas. I especially like the tie key rings. Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anni, I love all that tartan. You probably guessed I would. All your makes are great. I'm sure they will be snapped up. The memory bear is gorgeous. Have a great week. Hugs to you both. Ellie x #11

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Annie, Your tartan coasters are very cheery. My mind must run like Jan’s, they did look a bit like w… warmersπŸ˜‚.
    Your bear is very smart. Some schoolgirls asked me to answer a transport questionnaire in Canterbury last week and I was delighted when they said they were from Clarendon House (now mixed Chatham and Clarendon house) my old school!
    Have a good week
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 1 xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for caring. I love getting your comments.